Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a ActiveMQ / Apache Camel / Java Consultant on a long term contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA (Hybrid Option)
* Develop messaging system design specifications for new applications that require real-time messaging features.
* Be the subject matter expert on messaging systems. Collaborate with end users and provide guidance and best practices.
* Thoroughly review ActiveMQ client applications and provide feedback and follow up with teams across the company.
* Support our in-house implementation of ActiveMQ plugin.
* Develop solutions to manage our ActiveMQ using Apache Camel.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to messaging systems.
* Perform research and adapt and/or create tools to help monitor and manage our messaging systems.
* Perform configuration and deployment tasks to message broker configuration to all environments.
* Perform basic tests, performance tests, and fail over tests on an on-going basis.
* Develop and maintain documents for system architecture and operations.
* Perform regular upgrades to keep our messaging systems up to date.
* 10+ years of direct experience with ActiveMQ and Apache Camel.
* Experience with Java programming language.
* High level of knowledge of Spring boot framework.
* Experience with jMeter or equivalent.
* Strong experience with highly scalable and distributed infrastructure.
* Strong *nix/CentOS is required.
* Experience in Scrum development techniques a plus as is working in a team environment where attention to source management, quality and code documentation is expected.
* Strong communication skills are required as this position require interaction across many different teams.
* Must be a self-starter.
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Pay Range: $75 – $90/hour