Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an AML Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- The AML Analyst is responsible for performing AML Reviews/Investigations of account activity and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and/or relationship termination, as appropriate. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with relevant AML Policies and procedures. Cases are generated from sources which include Automated Monitoring System (e.g., Mantas). Client-on boarding and maintenance and transaction monitoring referrals. Referrals from business partners and other control areas.
- Conduct research over available bank systems, the internet and commercial databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Document and report the review/investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.).
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and Law Enforcement.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) consistent with FinCEN requirements
- Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- May provide direction to more Junior Staff.
- Must have SAR writing experience and retail banking experience.
- Minimum 1 – 5 years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
- Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred.
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking preferred.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills.
- Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- SAR writing experience, specifically in retail banking, and more knowledge of AML Red Flags such as cash structuring.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
- Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- CAMS Certification preferred.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.