Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Analytical Chemist on a contract basis.
Responsible for method development and execution of analytical techniques such as Karl Fischer, Dissolution, and Assay / Impurities to facilitate the support of drug product development.
• Support drug product development including characterization of the process and finished products.
• This position requires hands on experience and knowledge in small molecule pharmaceutical analysis, formulation and/or biopharmaceutics.
• The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with other team members and present results to development teams.
• Experience in analytical development in support of drug product formulation development.
• Extensive laboratory experience with and in-depth knowledge of conventional laboratory techniques such as Karl Fischer, HPLC/UPLC, dissolution and wet chemistry is a must.
• Experience with Empower required.
• Experience in drafting and executing forced degradation and Design of Experiment studies
• Experience in performing dissolution testing using biorelevant media, for active ingredients and drug formulations to facilitate biopharmaceutics risk assessment and support drug product development is a plus.
• Fluency in formulation development, pharmaceutical processing or pharmaceutical sciences is expected.
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Familiar with USP, ICH and other compendial requirements.
• BS (4-8 years), MS (2-4 years) or Ph.D. (0-2 years) in analytical chemistry.