Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Apple/Mac Infrastructure Security Engineer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY (Hybrid Option)
An Apple Mac Infrastructure Security Engineer is required to work in the Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Endpoint Security Team, providing the highest level of security consultancy and engineering support for macOS based security agents. The role is suited to an experienced Mac or Windows Engineer / Sysadmin with a proven understanding in enterprise infrastructure, security, and product deployment.
The Role will partner with our End User Computing team to focus on security controls for the macOS platform.
The role will focus on extending the firms Endpoint Protection Platform and Endpoint Detection and Response controls to achieve risk control objectives and will involve solution architecture, engineering, integration with firm systems and processes, and support.
– Research, architect, engineer and deploy macOS based OS security controls
– Complete environment configuration, automation, build, and documentation tasks with a focus on reliability and ongoing supportability
– Develop tools and scripts to enable automation in configuration management, packaging and platform integration via APIs and scripting
– Work with global colleagues from both internal and external teams throughout the organization to provide solutions via ongoing communications and consistent processes
– Research and evaluate solutions for on-premise, cloud and container-based security controls
– Participate in technology evaluations and play an active role in strategic improvements based on technology trends, best practices, and industry standards
– Contribute to support as we adopt build and run engineering and support.
– 5+ years of experience in platform engineering
– 2+ years experience on supporting Apple macOS in an enterprise
– Proficiency in JAMF (Jamf 200, Jamf 300, Jamf 400) or other MDM solutions
– Translate Windows based security controls into MacOS equivalents
– Scripting and development skills – Python or Shell
– Knowledge of core security concepts and implementation principles
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities as a flexible, self-driven team member
– Strong task management and organizational skills
– Ability to demonstrate broad exposure to various technologies – preferably in a global environment in the finance industry or an industry at a similar scale
– Experience of Antivirus, Encryption, EPP and EDR Controls, Sandboxing, OS Hardening, CIS benchmarks
– SIEM experience with Splunk is a plus
– Cross skilled in any Windows or RHEL platforms is a plus
– Experience working in Agile Squads or DevOps is a plus
– General networking and security knowledge in areas such as Firewalls, TCP/UDP, Routing / Switching, DNS, NAT, Packet tracing and analysis
Pay Range: $48- $63/hour