Our client, a leading financial company is hiring an Application Architect IV on a contract basis.
• The Director of DevOps leads the DevOps architecture team overseeing and guiding all activities of DevOps for the Advisory Advanced Technology organization. The Director of DevOps leads the design, build, and operational management of highly secure and scalable sites/software for the business and work tirelessly to guarantee the reduction or removal of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the DevOps implementation teams and the Advisory Advanced Technology organization as a whole. The Director of DevOps promotes, documents, and implements best of breed systems infrastructure best practices, specifying tools that allow the DevOps implementation teams to develop and deploy impeccable sites/software. The Director of DevOps also works to recommend tools that leverage productivity amplifiers such as code generators and schema repositories for scalable deployment.
• Aspects of this leadership position will also encompass both quality assurance and continuous site/software testing. The Director of DevOps plays a mentorship role to key DevOps personnel, constantly promoting improvement in their professional skills and readying them for future opportunities. The Director of DevOps evaluates and recommends tools and automated workflow capabilities in order to enable the DevOps implementation teams to test and promote code across the Advisory Advanced Technology organization. The Director of DevOps also specifies environments for build, configuration, and maintenance of the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the businesss sites/software. This role also leads the design and implementation of real-time monitoring systems of these sites/software.
• The Director of DevOps uses their significant experience to provide support to the frontend and backend engineering teams as required by enabling the migration of site/software services throughout transition periods. The Director of DevOps works with DevOps implementation teams in improving health and performance issues of the businesses sites/software systems. This role collaborates with the quality assurance department in creating solution designs, capacity planning, and performance optimization.
• Communication skills are a must-have for all DevOps roles. This is especially true for this leadership position. This role will be required to convey sensitive information and instructions to DevOps implementation teams, which will directly influence the performance of the entire organization. Communication skills will also be imperative for the Director of DevOps in highly collaborative work efforts where clarity of communications will determine how effectively cross-functional tasks are executed across the Advisory Advanced Technology organization.
• The Director of DevOps must demonstrate extensive familiarity with technology and demonstrate exceptionally good computer skills. The Director will demonstrate skill working with Power BI, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Java, Python, and Yaml. The Director of DevOps will further be adept in the use of Windows, Azure and Azure DevOps, Linux, Command Line, Git, Vagrant, and CI. The Director of DevOps will be highly capable of deploying sites/software with MS VS Code, Terraform, Ansible, jFrog, Jenkins, and others as well as having hands on experience with tools such as Hadoop, Kafka, Mesos, Spark, Storm, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Cassandra. The Director of DevOps will further be proficient in the workings of Cloud software, Cloud platform providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, and Cloud Native architectures and implementations.