Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant/Associate Scientist consultant on a contract basis.
Design, perform, document and interpret experiments to support analytical development objectives as part of the Vector Release Methods (VRM) Team. The VRM team expands virology knowledge and develops release and characterization analytical methods for viral vectors.
Responsibilities include the development, optimization, execution, documentation and transfer of assays.
• Thorough understanding of basic molecular biology techniques.
• gDNA and RNA isolation and handling experience.
• Experience with cell culture and/or long-read sequencing.
• Experience with ELISA, qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR.
• Ability to carefully follow existing methods and SOPs.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Work effectively in a collaborative team setting.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and balance priorities.
• Desire to learn and able to follow guidance.
Qualifications & Experience
BS or MS in Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or relevant discipline. Assistant Scientist: 1-3 years of lab experience with nucleic acid-based techniques. Associate Scientist: 3-5 years of lab experience with nucleic acid-based techniques. Industrial experience preferred.