Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant QC Scientist on a contract basis.
• Lead/support investigations through data gathering or interview process
• Performs routine testing and data review of raw materials, in-process, batch release, and/or stability samples of Bulk Drug Substance in a cGMP compliant environment.
• Executes routine procedures based on methodologies/responsibilities of the specific QC sub-team. Assignments are made in the LMS, by the hiring manager, based on applicable curricula map(s).
Knowledge and skills:
• BS or Associate Degree – knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a BS in the physical or life sciences, a related discipline, or the equivalent in related experience. 0-3 years of experience.
• Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques such as pH, volumetric measurement, pipetting, analytical weighing and basic laboratory safety practices preferred.
• Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Demonstrated manual dexterity.
• Knowledge of basic electronic systems (email, MS Office, etc.)
• Associates should be observant of their work area and related tools and identify and report any discrepancy from normal practice or procedure.
• Incumbents normally receive detailed instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• No direct supervision.
• Daily contact with her/his supervisory staff for work assignments. Routine contact with supervisor for coaching and general performance management discussions.
• Occasional contact with other line management staff relating to specific project responsibilities may be expected.