Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Associate Scientist on a contract basis.
The Associate Scientist in Manufacturing Sciences & Technology will support the Materials Science group in the life cycle management of raw materials, consumables and single-use systems utilized for biopharmaceuticals commercial manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Supply Chain, and Global Procurement groups on cross-functional teams.
The subject matter expert for this position will be primarily required to:
• Provide technical expertise for material qualification and implementation including authorship of material risk assessments, technical assessments and reports
• Support material specification development
• Perform impact assessments and author change controls on material-related supplier change notifications to maintain GMP compliance.
• Recommend and/or lead necessary testing to qualify material for use in GMP manufacturing
• Support material and consumable manufacturing investigations
• B.S. in Chemical, Biochemical, Material Science Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
• Awareness of cGMP compliance and regulatory agency requirements.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Strong oral communication and technical writing skills
• Laboratory experience