Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Associate Specialist, Production Planning and Scheduling on a contract basis.
Plans and schedules production related activities at the cell therapy manufacturing facility. Provides manufacturing operations with a plan that maximizes efficiency, resources, and capacity. Achieves on time delivery within budget. Work on projects/matters of moderate complexity. Evaluates and develops scheduling tools and provides technical expertise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant science, engineering or similar discipline preferred.
• 3-6 years preferred; 2+ years of scheduling experience in cGMP manufacturing environment desired.
• Experience in scheduling cell therapy manufacturing preferred.
• Experience in material planning and/or finite scheduling in a medium to high volume environment, knowledge of scheduling platforms preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans and schedules production schedules to meet product demand at the site.
• Plan and schedule all associated production and support activities including intermediates, product shipment, facility and equipment maintenance.
• Work with QA, QC and Material Management to ensure raw materials are tested, released, and available to support all manufacturing and support activities.
• Work with Document Control to ensure all documents (i.e. batch records and packaging records) are ready for Manufacturing.
• Build strong relationships and communication with all functions.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Advanced knowledge of forecasting, capacity planning, and production planning.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy (or related) manufacturing.
• Ability to work independently on projects or problems of moderate scopte to meet objectives. Troubleshoots and identifies causes and suggests solutions.
• Attention to detail and ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy.
• Source of imaginative, thorough, and innovative solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Exhibits leadership behaviors including collaborating for results and developing/executing strategy.
• May serve as a resource to more junior members of the team.
• Experience in lean, operational excellence, six sigma, or continuous improvement, and process mapping preferred. Supports an environment that encourages continuous improvement, best practices and appropriate risk taking.
• Ability to influence key stakeholders of internal and external teams.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Expert in Microsoft Office programs.