Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Biologists on a contract basis.
San Diego, CA
PREREQUISITES Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with at least 4 years of work experience or Masters degree with at least 2 years of preferred experience in industry or drug discovery setting.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays as well as cell models to support identification, optimization, and characterization of novel chemical matter.
2. Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to support molecular mechanism of action of the drugs.
3. Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner.
4. Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery teams .
1. Experience in small molecule drug discovery process in an industrial setting. Understand key aspects of SAR support using biological assays.
2. Familiarity and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays, including but not limited to: cell proliferation assays, cell cycle assay, apoptosis assay, bDNA assay, image-based assays, ELISA, and Incucyte.
3. Sophisticated experience in cell biology including mammalian cell culture, lentivirus production, transient/stable transfection, gene editing including CRISPR -KO and -KI, shRNA KD.
4. Maintain cell cultures and characterize cancer cell lines, including cell proliferation/cell cycle/cell apoptosis.
5. Experience in cell biology (Transfection, Immunofluorescence, lenti-virus production), biochemistry (Western blot), molecular biology (DNA cloning, PCR, qPCR).
5. Familiar with various biology laboratory equipment with an emphasis on automation and capable of trouble shooting for SAR assay support.
6. Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
7. Capability to stay focused, multitasked, attention to details and deliver high quality data in a timely and well organized manner.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.