Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Business Analyst consultant on a contract basis.
Reports To: IT Business Partner, Strategic Digital Initiatives
We seek a scientifically oriented Business Analyst to join the IT Business Analysis practice. As a member central IT Business Analysis practice, the Business Analyst will flexibly analyze IT capabilities aligned directly to business functions.
The Business Analyst will collect, document, and analyze business processes, data, IT systems workflows, and elicit requirements from scientific researchers.
The successful candidate will communicate findings to the project teams, made up of internal stakeholders and third parties. The Business Analysts contributions will support the team in identifying, defining, and delivering digital capabilities that enable client to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
Success in this role will leverage analysis and problem-solving skills that create positive, value-producing solutions.
• Lead Business Analysis activities:
o Perform current state analysis
o Perform future state ideation
o Map complex data flows, workflows, and IT system processes
o Document requirements and user stories
o Present findings and requirements (e.g. user stories) across audiences, including technical delivery team, R&ED IT leadership, and R&ED stakeholders
o Liaise with ITBPs, other BAs, R&D stakeholders, and the delivery team to iteratively communicate requirements and facilitate feedback generation and sharing
o Liaise with external vendors to bring innovative solutions as considerations within client environment
o Act as key project liaison for R&ED Scientists impacted by digital initiatives
• Constructively advocate for value: Represents a “voice of the customer” and ensure project delivery teams are well informed to make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost.
• Enable compelling business cases: Aid in the development of business cases for new digital capability investments. Identify, define, & measure business outcomes for highest value digital capabilities.
• Bring an external view: Actively maintain awareness of external drivers in the business domain and relevant technology trends.
Qualifications & Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in a relevant Life Sciences, technical, or Engineering domain.
• Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
• 0-3 years experience in a life sciences research laboratory setting or consulting setting.
• Established record of partnership between scientific and technological roles to create digital solutions.
• Experience with documenting hypotheses, requirements, and experimental outcomes.
• Experience working in Agile development teams is desired.