Our client, a leading financial company is hiring a Business Analyst 4 on a contract basis.
• Business Engineer to support Finance Change programs, including key business and regulatory initiatives across the banks front-to-back infrastructure. Programs comprise both function-specific and firm-wide projects.
• The CFO Technology is responsible for developing and implementing solutions for Product Control, Financial Control and Regulatory business functions.
• Role resides in FSG Technology IT (supports the Finance Guardians of the Banks trading activities) within the CFO Technology Department (supports multiple Risk and Finance functions). CFO Technology IT includes systems for generating and reporting P&L, reconciliations and control functions such as Sub-Ledger, General Ledger and Price Testing.
• Role would work hands-on to create cutting-edge business solutions and aims to deliver strategic initiatives leveraging deep functional and technical expertise (including Big Data platforms, automation technologies)
• Role involves leveraging solid business analysis and data skills. Candidate designs and delivers solutions to meet business needs.
• Responsibilities include translation of business requirements into technical documentation and ensuring all stakeholders (business and technical) have a clear and common understanding of both the business priorities, needs and the proposed solutions.
• Role will entail liaising with multiple business units and IT groups to gather, document, analyze and communicate the needs and requirements of the business users. This includes partnerships with our key stakeholders across Finance, especially Product Control, Group Finance, Tax, Finance Change and other groups.
• Candidate will be engaged in our Agile and DevOps transformation and have an opportunity to work with various Innovation technologies
List qualifications, skills and experience expected in the successful candidate
• Excellent Business / data analysis 8+ years experience, with a focus on systems analysis and development of business and functional requirements in an Investment Bank corporate environment
• Technical experience in modelling databases, including complex SQL queries and working with large datasets/files
• Detailed, hands-on experience on JAVA/J2EE, Oracle, Informatica, UNIX, Code deployment tools (SVN)
• Detailed understanding of Accounting principles, and hands-on experience of Financial tools (Sub-ledger, Ledger, Regulatory ), rules and regulations
• Hands-on experience on complex and large architecture flows, business process dependencies
• Relevant experience in Big Data platforms, data analysis, R/Python for Machine Learning, Data Visualization, AI, Robotics Processing Automation (Blue Prism), Data science technologies
• Experience with project lifecycle delivery
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies, tools (JIRA)
• Excellent partnership skills and ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders including Line, Change and IT
• Smart, intellectually curious, motivated
• Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment under tight timeframes
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm to work in a global environment with diverse workforce
• Eagerness to learn new technologies & engineering processes
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• 8-10 years experience required.