Our client, a Global Professional Service Firm, is hiring a:
Business Analyst – IT Financial Software Implementation
Long Term Contract
Job Summary: The Business Analyst’s role is to confer with the stakeholders to understand, document, analyze and manage the requirements for the construction and testing of IT solutions. This includes interviewing stakeholders, gathering and compiling user requirements, recommending milestones and deliverables to meet the requests of the business. The Business Analyst facilitates the development process and confirms with supervisor that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Consults with the business to understand the context of a project, identify the problem, current and desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user group.
- Confirms the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Define how the requirements development will be conducted and can explain to others on the project team (i.e., elicitation, analysis, specification and validation).
- Develops business, user and non-functional system level requirements in the form of Use Cases, UML and other similar structured requirements documentation.
- Develops requirements specifications in the form of gap analysis of requirements to Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) applications
- Develops requirements in the form of configuration requirements for COTS applications
- Experience in working as a BA in large & complex projects ($500K or more and 6 months or more in duration) which are broad in scope and dollar value, involving cross border team member
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Follow the project strategy to elicit and document requirements.
- Follow the procedures on how the requirements will be managed (i.e., base lining requirements, requirements change control and requirements traceability) Select the appropriate analysis and specification models. Be aware of emerging technologies both within the firm and externally.
- Assess change requests related to requirements to assess impact on the project. Take accountability for quality of requirements impacting project.
- Advises leadership of potential issues which could impact other project deliverables.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 6 – 12 years of Industry Exp working in Large Multinational Company (MNC)
- Min 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience with Apptio tool set highly desired
- Strong understanding of IT costs and Financial implications
- Experience gathering requirements specifications in the form of gap analysis of requirements for Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) applications
- Excellent communications skills – strong verbal and written communication skills in order to develop and communicate project deliverables in a non-technical manner to end users.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and vendors as well as across multiple geographies.
- Good relationship building skills both within team, between teams, and across geographies.
- Capable of utilizing formal business analysis methods and tools to govern and control programs.
- Solid understanding of the following requirements models: Stakeholder Categories, Non-functional requirements, Configuration requirements, Gap Analysis, Actor Tables, Glossary, Context Diagram, Data Model, Class Model, Data Dictionary, Event Response Tables, State Diagrams, Business Rules, Decision Tables, Process Maps, Use Cases, and Activity Diagrams.
- Individual contributor, no supervision responsibilities.
- Expected to act independently to oversee project requirements related to schedule, budget and scope.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor & to the project/program manager, which may influence the success of projects and team objectives.
• Willing to work in shifts to support APAC, Americas, or EMEA, as per the business need.
- 5 to 12 years in a corporate IT environment, in a Large MNC
- Three to five years’ experience in business analysis in the related technical field (application development with System integration, technical product owner, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
- Experience of Infrastructure projects strongly desired
- Certification Requirements:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or ISEB Business Analysis Diploma is desirable
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous