Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring an Business Process Analyst on a contract basis.
Seeking a Business Process Analyst with 3-5+ years of experience for the Data and Analytics Team in Warren, New Jersey. This position will focus on process optimization and automation within the Insurance Division, and work directly with business, operations, and technical teams to drive continuous improvement.
This individual has an understanding of P&C insurance operations and experience (academic or professional) analyzing complex data, deriving insight, and visualizing for easy understanding & consumption.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and analyzing existing processes to map value streams, identify pain points and improvement opportunities, and design future state processes.
- Collaborating with Actuarial and Operations to translate business needs into complete, precise, unambiguous, measurable, and traceable business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining workflow documentation that outlines end-to-end processes by role, line of business, and system.
- Developing and maintaining thoughtful KPIs to measure process effectiveness and success of improvement initiatives. Ensure benefits are realized and sustained.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5+ years Insurance Operations experience or equivalent experience required.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in designing and documenting processes and workflows.
- Familiarity with needs analysis, best practices procedures, and requirements management methodology.
- Strong knowledge of commercial Property and Casualty insurance products preferred.
- Agile experience preferred.
- Actuarial and/or Reserving experience is a plus.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent MS Excel and BPM tools (e.g. Visio) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high-quality end-products in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail.