Our client, a leading reinsurance company, is hiring a senior Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner with experience in Ratings or Reserving.
Location: Hybrid (2-4 days onsite per month in Warren, NJ)
No third parties or sponsorships available.
Looking for an energetic Senior Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner to join as the primary liaison between the business stakeholders, technology teams, and vendors.
- Act as a liaison between the client area, technical organization, and other affected areas in planning, directing, and conducting the analysis of complex business problems.
- Develop project proposals and estimates that reflect understanding of business needs and relevant technology solutions
- Employ the proper elicitation technique to ensure requirements are appropriately and efficiently identified, analyzed, and documented using industry standard analysis techniques.
- Suggest creative technical and/or process solutions to identified business needs
- Develop detailed business and functional requirements, using templates and tools consistent with the methodology being employed
- Collaborate with project team to ensure cohesive delivery and traceability of documentation. Provide input into project plans, cost and/or resource estimating activities.
- Provide support for user acceptance testing and test defect resolution
- Serve as a subject matter expert for assigned business domains and systems
- Manage process to evaluate and select new vendor products
- Document and distribute user facing release notes/communications
- Provide ongoing production support, including responding to user issues, collaborating with the technical team to analyze and resolve reported system issues and communicating the resolution of issues to the business community
- Supports the department with necessary product knowledge, presentation, and technical expertise
- Manage (where appropriate) and provide leadership to more junior Business Analysts
- Conforms to Company standards and practices to comply with Internal Audit and SOX controls
As Product Owner:
- Accountable for the delivery of value to customers and stakeholders by ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built
- Writes User Stories and Acceptance Criteria based on stakeholder and Scrum team input and get business sign-off on specifications before introducing them for development
- Proactively manages and prioritizes the product backlog, release plans, and sprint backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations. Convey business needs to the Scrum team
- Provides business leadership for the Scrum team by understanding and executing the product goals and vision
- Business Systems Analyst and/or Product Owner background
- Experience with Ratings in an insurance environment
- Experience managing the entire Software Development Life Cycle and working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Strong ability to perform and document analysis of complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making
- Effective at presenting and facilitating a variety of formal and informal meetings: one-on-one, small and large groups
- IIBA/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) desired
Rate: $60-72/hour W2