Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a C++ Developer on a long term contract basis.
Menlo Park, CA (Hybrid Option)
The client is seeking an experience backend engineer to join our Middle Office Core Platform Organization. This team owns systems, services and initiatives to provide financial products to our customers across digital channels. This organization is responsible for building financial products, platform capabilities and components that are used by millions of customers daily.
As a senior backend engineer, you will be working in Middle Office Core Platform Organization to drive product development and modernization initiatives. You are builder and have deep understanding of tools and technologies to build products that delivers business outcomes and obsess about customer. You will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features.
In this role, you will:
– Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
– Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
– Execute in a fast-paced delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
– Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
– Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
– Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
– Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
– Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
– Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
– Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
– 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
– Strong experience in C++
Required Skills & Qualifications:
– Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
– Hands-on experience in microservices architecture and development, Databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL etc.
– Strong Perl/shell scripting required
– 5+ years experience in C/C++/Python
– Preferred hands-on experience in building cloud-based software leveraging cloud and open-source technology and frameworks
– Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
– Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
– Preferred understanding and experience in one of the public clouds (AWS, Azure) native services
– Experience in agile software development
– Strong Linux understanding
– Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
– Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
– Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
– Proactively identifies and address customer issues in product
– Shares knowledge, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
– Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
– Open to take new responsibility, learn new technologies or systems to deliver business value