Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Lead Regulatory Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- This Lead Regulatory Analyst will support the production of the CCAR reports and enhance the governance framework to achieve greater standardization, consistency, and sustainability. This position will work closely with the Group Manager, ensuring CCAR processes are produced timely, accurately and are complete. The position has responsibility for CCAR related processes being compliant with current regulations, supported by documentation standards and with effective preventive and detective controls. The position will liaise closely with the FR Y-14 Actuals, Workstream, Global Regulatory Reporting, Country/Product Controllers, Technology and Finance and with counterparts in FRSS Centers.
- This position has responsibility for the preparation, reconciliation, and review of financial CCAR schedules; the process includes review of control points, support change management, and drive the report preparation leveraging data reviews and controls. The position will support issues management and escalation noted in the production process for root cause remediation.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual preparation of FR Y14A, 14Q schedules; establish effective working relationships with CCAR Workstream, and Global Regulatory Reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple functions (Corporate Reporting, Finance, Risk, Operations Technology).
- Collect and review data and implement FR Y-14 reporting requirements.
- Produce analytics for variance and root cause on product and processes and maintain and enhance related operational and analytical procedures.
- Perform metrics, key controls, documentation, and facilitate MCA testing; identify opportunity to optimize processes.
- Responsible for the reconciliation among different reports, including Pearl, FR Y-9c, FFIEC101, and /or other Capital adequacy reports.
- Effective communication: presentations to Senior Management, issue resolution with Businesses and Technology, escalate issues and interface with operations units ensuring appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- 6-10+ years of related work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Excellent analytical background and skill set to understand complex processes, including system data flows
- Able to work with large volumes of data from different sources
- Self-motivated with ability to make decisions and maintain a controlled environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours or on an OSW environment
- Ability to multi-task, be proactive and goal-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and confidence to work with different levels of management
- Knowledge of accounting and financial/regulatory reporting
- Ability to grasp and master new concepts/requirements and related product/functional knowledge
- Strong organizational and planning skills to manage a large number of requests
- Attention to detail with a high degree of control and emphasis toward quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- High caliber team player with good judgment, flexibility, and productivity
- Quick learner, customer focused with ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Forward looking with ability to mitigate and overcome any challenging roadblocks. Must have can do attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Strong relationship and teamwork skills with hands-on approach