Our client, a leading insurance company is hiring a Claims Adjuster-4 on a contract basis.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Receive assignments.
• Reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policys obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
• Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
• Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the companys obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
• Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
• Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
• Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
• Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures. Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
• Settles claims promptly and equitably.
• Obtains releases and timely issues indemnity benefits if due and owing.
• Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
• May assist Team Leader and company attorneys in preparing cases for trial by taking statements. Continues efforts to settle claims before trial.
• Refers claims to subrogation as appropriate.
• May participate in claim file reviews and audits with customer/insured and broker. Administers Workers Compensation benefits timely and appropriately per Jurisdiction. Maintains control of claims resolution process to minimize current exposure and future risks
• Establishes and maintains strong customer relations
Other duties may include:
• Working all queues and diary in a timely manner
• Investigating compensability and benefit entitlement
• Reviewing and approving medical bill payments
• Managing vocational rehabilitation
.Education/Experience: High school diploma or Bachelors degree 5-10 years experience required.