Our client, a leading insurance company, is hiring a Claims Assistant-1 on a contract basis.
Claim Operations provides administrative support to all claim lines of business and partners with the operations team to assist with the following responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Receive new losses and verifies accuracy of information via coverage
• Register new loss information on system
• Perform all file updates on system as directed by claim reps/team leader
• Register loss payments on system
• Provide customer service to agents, insureds, clients and other customers
• Process authorized payments
• Input data entry correspondence into system, diaries information for claims reps and/or team leader and prepares form letters
• Data Entry
• Strong customer service background
• Ability to operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment
• Professional written and oral communication skills including effective telephone skills
• Ability to work independently under limited supervision
• Professional organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated initiative as evidenced by the ability to self-manage, organize and prioritize work
• Strong working knowledge of computer systems and various Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook
• Committed to high standards of behavior and performance
2 years previous claims processing experience.