Our client, a leading healthcare company is hiring a Clinical Data Analyst – Patient Care on a contract basis.
New Hyde Park, NY. Local candidate is highly preferred. Hybrid down the road – needs to come into the office as required.
Clinical Analyst: The Clinical Analyst collaborates with infrastructure team members and business units to provide system/workflow analysis and change management, support design, modification, and implementation of assigned applications. The Clinical Analyst is expected to have good knowledge of the assigned application and suggest improvements as it supports or improves the workflows and processes of the assigned service line. The position requires knowledge of data analysis principles and skills which help to provide insight into strategies for project enhancements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Explore and summarize health system data to provide insight for strategic decisions.
- Implement applications, tools, and processes that assist clinicians with the management of data in patient care and the provision of health care.
- Liaise with service lines and technical teams to translate complex business and technology specifications into relatable concepts to expedite communications and project execution.
- Recommends innovative ideas, processes, and/or procedures for enhancements, additions, and modifications to improve existing systems.
- Assists in the creation of product roadmaps.
- Work with other members of the team to implement solutions to meet business operation needs.
- Participates in support activities that may include issue tracking, issue resolution, documentation, capacity planning, and functional testing and quality assurance.
- Prepares standard operating procedure documentation related to the assigned application for the purposes of operational support and cross-training.
Good possibility of extension.
2 rounds of interview maybe 3.
Informatic Health Population Team.
Team focus on Data Analysis. Data expiration, gather requirements.
Help Senior Executive make strategic decisions around project or new projects.
Current team consist of several Clinical Analysts – all has data skills and clinical experience – this is a backfill one person moving into another team.
- Clinical Patient care experience.
- Data skill (explore database)
- Synthesize that data and provide data insights.
- Extract data, translate that data using PowerBI or other visualization tools – manipulate data and present it.
- SQL studio /SQL will be fine.
Must have a clinical background – prior Nurse, physician – or any other clinical background healthcare pharmacy, respiratory therapist, experience w patient care, patient workflow experience is critical with data skills.
Extract data using – SQL.
R Python or tableau for visualization.
Work with Senior leaders understand/gather requirements.
Take that information and developer dashboard or data report, address needs.
Send data to financial reporter, workflow improvement, how data is impacting patience life.
Patience data devices – blood pressure and diabetes info.
- Knowledge of SQL is required.
- Experience with Python, Powerbi or other visualization tools is a plus.
- Detail oriented and skilled in complex problem solving.
- Capable of addressing issues using a combination of existing system functionality and custom developed tools.
- Experienced in clinical systems implementations and support.
- Ability to learn custom-developed systems and complex workflows quickly in order to support job responsibilities.
- Skilled in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio etc.).
- Ability to review, categorize, and analyze clinical data.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare information, information science, computer science or business administration, required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in a technical support, business analysis or project management role in a clinical or healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare policies and procedures, including HIPPA, PCI, required.
Pay rate: $45 – $75.