Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The successful candidate will work as part of a global Public Cloud Transformation Services ( PCTS ) team. The Public Cloud offers a spectrum of qualitative and quantitative benefits including Agility, Performance, Flexibility, Developer Efficiency, Transparency and Innovation. PCTS is tasked with creating a cloud strategy, work with the developers in re-architecting their applications and migrating the on-prem applications to the Public Cloud across multiple Cloud Service Providers.
PCTS is looking for dynamic individuals who have a passion for embracing cutting edge technology, fostering innovation and a penchant for automation Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Multi Cloud Kubernetes)
– The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a team of engineers which works on automation and configuration as code for foundational architecture related to connectivity across multiple Cloud Service Providers.
– They should have a strong background in infrastructure and Public Cloud technologies
– They will be a part of the global team and will be responsible for connecting complex, multi-tier applications from on-prem to the Public Cloud
– They will be closely working with Product Management and Vendors to develop and deploy Cloud services to meet customer expectations.
– Experience in Kubernetes and Container-based technologies
– Experience in any of the following cloud service providers – Azure, AWS or GCP
– Sound experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation etc.)
– Strong development skills in Python, Java or Golang.
– Sound experience in a scripting language such as Shell Scripting.
– Experience of leading development in projects in a distributed enterprise environments
– Experience of setting up a new development project using modern tools and practices including git, jenkins, test-driven development, and continuous integration in a Linux-based environment
– Sound knowledge of infrastructure and cloud computing
– Ability to mentor and develop more junior programmers, including participating in constructive code reviews
– 3+ years experience of working in AWS, Azure or GCE
– Working with teams using scrum, kanban or other agile practices
– Familiarity with the Kubernetes eco system and its tools i.e. Helm, Kustomize, OPA, FLuxCD etc
– Proficiency with standard Linux command line and debugging tools.
– Experience of working with RESTful APIs, especially to manage and configure compute and storage infrastructure
– Knowledge of how to write comprehensive unit tests, including the mocking of external utilities and APIs