Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Cloud Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY (Hybrid Option)
The selected candidate will be part of the Enterprise Network Services (ENS) Cloud Network Engineering team that will evaluate, design and document networking solution for public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure for the firm. The candidate will collaborate with other infrastructure teams to implement the solution. The role resource will also provide all the technical guidance, design specification and solution level support to the operation team for the cloud connectivity, integration, and application migration.
– Act as a lead network engineer in cloud application migration process and develop target state and transition state design for cloud adoption and migration. Ensure full network availability and security during and after migration is completed.
– Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Powershell, AWS cloudformation or Azure Resource Manager template is desirable
– Collaborate with other technical teams at the client’s to deliver product and solution level support.
– Deliver Network Design Document based on the requirements and best practices.
– Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly skilled IT professionals and senior management.
– 5 + years of experience in Enterprise Networking
– 5 + years of experience on DC design
– 4 + years of experience with Cloud PaaS and/or IaaS (Azure, AWS)
– Knowledge of IaC: Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Azure RM template
– Solid understanding of client/server, networking (route/switch) and Internet technologies
– Knowledge of Networking technologies such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPBGP, VxLAN
– Knowledge of DMVPN, IPSEC and Encryption Standards, Network Security
– Knowledge of VoIP technologies (SIP/WebRTC)
– Knowledge on Cloud Networking and Security best practices: Public (AWS and Azure) and Private (Kubernetes) Cloud Technologies is desirable
– Knowledge of AWS and Azure architectural principles and key networking services such as
o AWS Global infrastructure, VPC, S3, EC2, Route 53, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect
o MS Azure VNet, VNet-Peering, Private Link, vWAN, Express Route, Firewall, Load Balancer
– Experience with Kubernetes/Openshift; Knowledge of Calico CNI is a plus
– Practitioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD pipeline practices: Python or Shell Scripting, YAML etc.
– IP Routing Platforms – ISRG2, ASR1K, CSR1k, ASR 9k
– Switching Platforms – Arista 7K, Cisco Nexus 9000
– CCNP / CCIE certification required
– AWS Solution Architect
– Azure Solution Architect
Pay Range: $48 – $63/ hour