Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Communication Manager on a contract basis.
Senior Communications Specialist JD – GCCCI Contractor role
This position reports to the Director, Change Management, GCCCI within Global Development Operations (GDO)
• Provide support to major initiative communications efforts, including but not limited to change initiatives, Clinical Trial Capability updates, organizational announcements, and training and engagement specific events
• Assist Change Management leads with development of specific and targeted communications messaging for ongoing change initiatives and Clinical Trial Capabilities
• Assist with the development of GDO and GCCCI organizational announcements
• Engage with subject matter experts as needed to support the development and execution of communications requirements
• Source and write targeted emails, news feature stories, newsletter content, SharePoint portal content, training guides, and internal social media content
• Work with senior managers on specific, functional communications deliverables that relate to the overall strategy of the organization
• Understand the various client communication channels and write appropriate content suitable for the intended channel
• Demonstrate an attention to detail regarding communications; ability to build, maintain and foster relationships to effectively develop communication work products
• Develop creative and imaginative communications that help drive employee engagement
• Assist with content management of GCCCI communication channels (GCCCI SharePoint Portal and GCCCI Yammer community)
• Support the development of templates, tools and guides to become more efficient and to also provide others a jump start. The templates and tools will support those you are working closely with further develop their own communication capability as well as jump in to support communication needs when capacity is limited
This role needs to be adept at working in a highly-matrixed organization. The successful candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrate a proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communication work products that are aligned with broader company objectives. Creativity, initiative, and the ability to quickly learn the business and operate within a complex, fast-paced and changing environment is essential. Strategic, conceptual thinking and strong interpersonal skills required.
• A Bachelors Degree is required. A Bachelors Degree in the field of Communications is preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a corporate communications position or related field is required.
• The ability to develop communication strategies and actions is required.
• Experience in internal communications in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Experience working in a global function is highly preferred.
• Experience working in a matrix environment is required.
• Project management and the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
• High degree of independent judgment and decision making is required.
• Design skills and knowledge, as well as ability in Adobe Creative Suite and other creative development applications a plus