Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company is hiring a Construction Safety Manager on a contract basis.
• Assure project contractors and subcontractors are vetted for safety performance prior to selection. This may be accomplished through use of ISNetworld, Avetta, or similar third-party contractor safety screening service. Manual review of contractor safety performance may be required for some contractors.
• Verification of contractor and subcontractor safety certifications.
• Close coordination with contractor safety supervisor to verify all toolbox talks and training meetings are held, attended, and documented. Assure contractor safety supervisor effectively supervises all subcontractors.
• Reviews and approves all safe work permits.
• Performs regular safety walkthrough inspections of the job site, performs inspections of safety equipment.
• Enforces all safety rules, escalates all violations of safety rules to EHS leader for the project.
• Maintains accurate and current records.
• Conducts and/or manages all incident investigations including injury incidents and near misses, identifies corrective actions and tracks their implementation.
• Coordinate with site EHS department to ensure construction activities do not impact site environmental permits conditions.
• Participate/lead regulatory agency inspections related to construction activities.
• Ensure construction waste (RCRA hazardous and non-hazardous) is properly disposed.
• Ensure that recycling efforts are maximized for construction waste. Track and document waste disposal and recycling amounts on a monthly basis.
Qualifications & Experience
• 10 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment, with at least 5 years of construction safety experience
• Experience with construction safety in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
• All relevant OHSA safety training/certifications (Fall protection, excavation safety/competent person, electrical safety, fire prevention, hand and portable power tools, ladders, cranes, LOTO, etc.)
• CSP certification preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred