Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Contract Administration Specialist consultant on a contract basis.
Contract Administration Specialist (aka Contract Facilitator), Research & Early Development, supporting the Bay Area, California (sits in Seattle, WA)
The Contract Facilitator, for the research and development centers in the Bay Area, partners with scientists and enterprise business partners to enable rapid and high-quality contracting solutions for a high-performing, innovative team. The successful candidate will work with other subject matter experts and stakeholders including legal, procurement and external partners. The role will be based at our Seattle site in Washington to support our partners in the Bay Area.
• Lead the successful execution and life-cycle management of templated agreements and their associated purchase orders as follows:
o Ensure contract requests align with department project and budget goals and track with Finance/Operations to maximize the value of every contract executed.
o Proactively generate, review and/or edit agreement drafts to align with business unit needs/requirements; and ensure contracts are executed efficiently, compliantly, and effectively. Proactive engagement with stakeholders to resolve issues.
o Partner with legal department and other stakeholders to incorporate specialist language to mitigate any potential risks.
• Facilitate the collection of key information and triage to the appropriate contracting group for specialty agreements.
• Be the subject matter expert for all department contracts, including managing the maintenance of a central repository and contract expiration tracker for renewal/planned expiration.
• Be the central resource for the team on contract procedures, policies, and changes to the same; provide guidance on key contracting concepts; provide input and advocacy for improving contract-related procedures by identifying and adopting best practices and alignment across teams.
• Work with Finance to ensure purchase orders are assigned the correct cost center.
• Develop and report on appropriate metrics to senior management.
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• 3-5 years contract facilitation experience.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proactive and customer focused with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• Experience with Icertis, SharePoint and/or Ariba systems would be an asset.
• Experience and/or educational background in research, biological sciences and/or early drug development would be an advantage.