Our client, a leading insurance company is hiring a Claims Assistant-1 on a contract basis.
The main role of a billing customer service representative is to interact with customers and provide information in response to inquiries about billing, products & services, and to handle and resolve discrepancies. A representative is typically responsible for determining the clients issue, offer possible solutions or provide follow-up as needed. Client contact may be calls/email inbound, outbound or a combination of both.
– Provide timely customer service to incoming telephone calls in an automated call delivery environment
– Assume ownership and respond to customer (internal/external) billing correspondence, complaints and inquiries in an efficient, accurate and professional manner to achieve an optimal outcome
– To ensure complete resolution of all customer inquiries; may need to coordinate end to end service with other business partners
– Effectively navigate multiple systems and applications to research, analyze and resolve customer inquiries
– Work effectively in a team environment using professional interpersonal and communication skills
-Comply with all internal procedures and practices while demonstrating the ability to meet service performance and quality standards.
– Develop basic knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance principles and company products
– Know and comply with corporate policies, regulatory standards (SOX), internal business processes (PCI) and procedures while processing work and meeting/exceeding service performance and quality standards
– Utilize basic understanding of product & underwriting guidelines
– Ability to acquire new knowledge, demonstrates insight into problems, apply good business judgement and maintain a high level of professional integrity.
– As business priorities change, support other teams and process transactions as needed
– Complete assignments and other duties as assigned
– Maintain assigned performance standards within a fast-paced environment
– High school diploma or GED preferred
– Customer service/financial services experience, preferably 2 years of experience in a contact center
– Advanced verbal and written communications skills
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
– Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills
– Analytic and basic mathematic calculation skills
– Knowledge of Microsoft office systems (Word, Excel, etc.) and demonstrated aptitude to learn specific technology
– Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
– Understand or have the capability to learn basic Property and Casualty insurance principles, product and underwriting guidelines
– Work overtime as needed
– Regular and reliable attendance
– Ability to work to work occasional Saturday shift