Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Data Engineers on a long-term contract basis.
Remote – Preferred candidates are on EST
- Business Analyst facilitates business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes.
- They manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements.
- Business Analyst creates viable and consumable specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction and testing of IT solutions.
- Building the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context – problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Developing requirements (business, user and software requirements functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability to the business vision.
- Managing the requirements through the program/project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team playing a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing personnel (technical domain).
- Ensuring the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Ability to navigate the IT team and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner.
- Working with the Project Manager and the business customer(s) to define requirements stakeholders, requirements conflict resolution procedures and the requirements team structure.
- Understanding the software development approach being used and defining how the requirements development will be conducted (i.e. elicitation, analysis, specification and validation).
- Proficient requirement meeting facilitator, demonstrated experience in facilitating sessions (30+ people) using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle.
- Writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements in the form of Use Cases, UML, and other similar structured requirements documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the program/project team as they relate to requirements.
- Understanding the business case and program/project scope Ensuring that quality business analysis standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables.
- Selecting the appropriate methods to elicit and document requirements.
- Defining the procedures on how the requirements will be managed (i.e. base lining requirements, requirements change control and requirements traceability).
- Selecting the appropriate analysis and specification models and ensuring that requirements are of high quality.
- Assessing change requests related to requirements to assess overall impact.
- Determining fit for purpose requirements.
- Good in Python and Pyspark.
- Should be able to implement business logics.
- Good in writing complex SQL to extract information from DB with given business logic.
- Hands on in DataBricks, write Pyspark logic for distributed computing and run spark SQL queries
- Basic understanding of ADF functionalities.
- Soft Skill, should be able to understand business requirement, convert to technical story and deliver.
- Must have: SQL, ADF & Databricks, Python.
- Business Analysis role with personal accountability for delivering and managing requirements to time and cost for projects typically more than $5m in value and 12 to 18 months in duration.
- Demonstrated experience writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements.
- Comfortable dealing with difficult stakeholders and opinionated developers and architects during facilitated sessions and during the development lifecycle.
- Adept at getting sign off of business (functional and supplemental) requirements from user community.
- Experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study and Surveys and overall Process Re-engineering.
- Experience of relationships with senior customer staff.
- Ability to work highly matrixed, multi-functional IT and business organizations.
- Development and deployment of formal business analysis methods and tools to govern and control programs Working knowledge of market-leading data analytics tools Spotfire, Tableau, SPSS, SAP HANA.
- Solid understanding of the following requirements models: Stakeholder Categories, Actor Tables, Glossary, Context Diagram, Data Model, Class Model, Data Dictionary, Event Response Tables, State Diagrams, Business Rules, Decision Tables, Process Maps, Use Cases, and Activity Diagrams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Supervision Responsibilities: Direct supervision provided by a Program Lead Business Analyst Senior business analyst is expected to act independently to deliver and manage requirements to schedule, budget and scope.
- Support provided as required and requested and is self-driven and motivated Senior Business Analyst Leads Business Analyst Teams consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups.
- Pay rate: $80.00 – $85.00