Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Data Brick Engineer on a contract basis.
Location: Warren NJ (Remote Option must be EST or CST)
Duration: Long term
- 7-10+ years of experience with data platforms, data warehouses, ETL, SQL. (Microsoft preferred)
- 2-3+ years of hands-on experience with data related Azure Cloud Services (Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Functions)
- Working experience with Azure Data Bricks and Python.
- Solid understanding of database design, data warehousing concepts, data lake.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimizing ETL processes.
- Experience with business reporting (Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, etc) is a plus
- Experience with Azure Synapse, Big Data or Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience with DevOps / ARM Templates is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Work as part of an agile team to design and develop processes for ingesting data from multiple sources using Azure Cloud technologies. (Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake)
- Optimize and improve performance of existing data ingestion and transformation processes. (ADF, SQL, Databricks)
- Develop SQL queries, stored procedures, python notebooks to support the extraction and transformation of data for business reporting needs.
- Make improvements to existing data processes to automate and enhance data quality.
- Redesign existing on-premise data processes using cloud technologies.