Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Data Engineer on a contract basis.
- Partner and work collaboratively with internal customers to understand strategic analytics and business intelligence needs and the associated enabling technology requirements.
- Assist in delivering data & analytics to enable a modern cloud-based data environment and the best practices, governance, and controls to support the broad adoption and use across the enterprise
- Deliver enabling capability to support the rapid ingestion of new data and the timely deployment of advanced analytic models into production
- Support the development of engineering capabilities that promotes sharing, inner sourcing and reuse of code, capabilities and methods in a cloud-first environment that leverages highly automated DevOps tools and capabilities
- Accelerate data and analytics transformation and cloud adoption while being a champion of security, standards, governance, and best practices with a focus on data quality and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 2+ years in the data engineering space with deep experience delivering enhanced analytic and data access capabilities
- Knowledge of Azure cloud and Data Lake preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge or experience within the Insurance or Financial Services Industry
- Experience interpreting and visualizing analytics with advanced BI Tools (PowerBI preferred)