Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Data Integrator on a long term contract basis.
Jersey City, NJ
The client is is looking for a Data Integrator to help in the upcoming important strategic initiatives for the firm.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
* Grow and develop diverse engineering team by providing technical and professional guidance.
* Solve complex engineering problems and lead system design and development activities.
* Understand business processes, a bigger picture and core ideas behind the developed software.
* Define engineering guidelines and quality control pipeline; perform code reviews.
* Advocate and advance toward cutting edge engineering practices
.* Apply Agile development best practices and ceremonies.
* Working in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally.
* Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile ceremonies
* Work with various teams and stakeholders across geography and time zone
* Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting strategic solutions.
* Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
* Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
* Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
* Maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
* Develop ETL solutions and automate systems
* Assist in the stand-up of infrastructure as per the project needs.
*Any data modeling tool experience is required with a minimum of 4+ years in handling Enterprise level data model.
*Working knowledge of relational DBMS, Hadoop and Snowflake table design is a plus.
*Works and thinks independently and is self-motivated, driven and works independently with little guidance.
*Expect to have a very good data sourcing, integration, and modeling skills.
*Business domain knowledge is a must (Finance/Trading/Margin systems is a plus).
*Programming knowledge is a must to be able to model and integrate data sources.
$73 – $77