Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Data Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The client has an opportunity for an experienced Data Network engineer. The role will be highly focused on developing and documenting high & low-level network designs & deployment guides and migration runbooks. Successful candidates will also be involved in cross-silo design discussions, co-ordination with Vendors and at times engage with Operations team & TAC to assist in troubleshooting.
The candidate will be responsible for:
– Support IT projects and Transformation programs for the firm.
– Work with Project / Program team and other technology stake holders to deliver solution that fit the purpose.
– Developing high quality design documents for Network infrastructure. Proficient with Microsoft Visio.
– Follow industry best-practices to develop network design.
– Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objective are well-defined and met for all designs delivered.
– Develop runbook for service migration from old to new network.
– Present designs in various technology forums.
– Participate in Design discussions with various teams to drive consensus.
– The successful candidate will have 5+ year experience in a similar position in an equivalent Financial Services firm; ( candidates without financial services experience can also be considered if they have exceptional technical networking skills especially from service provider/ carrier, or network equipment resellers )
– Hands-on experience with Data Network skills; expert IP routing and LAN switching troubleshooting skills
– An excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as an excellent knowledge of the specific technologies to manage and support high-speed networks
– Working knowledge on Firewalls and Load-balancers
– Ethernet technologies: SPT, 802.1Q, VPC, Multilayer Switching; Leaf-Spine IP Fabric
– WAN technologies: SONET/SDH, MPLS, Classic TDM
– Protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPBGP, TCP/IP
– Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDP
– Working knowledge on SDN, VXLAN, SDWAN, DMVPN
– Platform knowledge on Cisco Switching & Routing Platforms
– Nexus 9000 Series Data Centre Switching Platform
– Catalyst 4500 series, 6800 Series and 9000 Series Switches
– ASR 1000x Series RoutersoASR9000 Series Routers
– Platform Knowledge on Arista Switching platforms
– Working knowledge on various Network OS
– Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NXOS, IOS-XR
– Arista EOS
– Juniper JunOS
– Working knowledge on Wireless Technologies
– Certifications: CCIE R&S or equivalent is desirable. Juniper, Arista certifications desirable
– Experience with scripting / automation using Python / Ansible is a strong plus.