Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Data Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA (Hybrid Option)
– Perform deployment and operations of network infrastructure primarily related to new connectivity of a DC, Branches/Campus, and expansion of existing infrastructure.
– Ability to turn up the new sites or PODs and be able to integrate with the global WAN and help troubleshoot the network issues.
– Enabling and troubleshooting issues with routing protocols and VRF.
– Point of escalation for production outages related to day to day operations or any project driven initiatives.
– An excellent knowledge of data networking principles.
– Experience with routers/switches.
– Experience working with hardware vendors, such as Cisco, Arista, etc.
– Experience with routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF and VRF’s. concepts of underlay and overlay network.
– Ability to analyze packet capture is a plus.
– An excellent knowledge of the specific technologies to manage and support high-speed networks.
– Expert-level ability to decode packet captures and identify network and application issues using wireshark.
– Hardware: Cisco Switches and Routers, Juniper Routers, Arista Switches technologies.
– Ethernet technologies: spanning tree, vlans, trunking, channeling, multilayer switching.
– WAN technologies: MPLS/VPN. IP routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, RIP. Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDPSkills
– Experience with Visio, Power Point, Unix, and scripting.
– Working hands on experience of creating and leveraging
– Splunk dashboard is a huge plus.