Role is 50% Onsite (Hybrid)
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative data scientist to join Informatics team and help with development of innovative models and analytical tools to enable portfolio decisions by addressing key scientific questions. This individual will work under the guidance of a senior data scientist to develop and implement novel analytical tools to address scientific hypotheses. Join us as we transform the drug discovery process to enable rapid progression of medicines to patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
Analysis of large-scale, omic datasets including RNASeq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single cell sequencing, high throughput proteomics, and multiplex flow cytometry in order to enable patient enrichment strategies and prioritize combination therapies for Early Clinical Development pipeline in Immunology Diseases. Collaborate with other bioinformaticians, statisticians, biologists and clinicians to implement and execute bioinformatics analysis. Write and document programming code in one or more languages (e.g. R, Python) to facilitate data preparation / cleaning, model development, and evaluation
• M.S. in Bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, physics, molecular biology, genetics, or similar
• 0-5 years of experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
• Strong knowledge of programming language such as R, MATLAB, Python or Perl for complex data analysis, data analytics (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire), and databases (e.g., Oracle SQL developer) and reproducible research practices.
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, rigorous and creative thinking
• Exceptionally strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
• Ability to summarize technically/analytically complex information for a non-technical audience
• Ability to work in a team environment with good interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills