Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Data Steward Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- ISG is a service-centric organization focused on digitizing ICGs products/services, driving out manual work, delivering world-class client experience, and enabling growth via scalability.
- The Data Steward function is new team within the organization that will provide oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle with a focus on improving siloed approaches to data. The function will be responsible for governance and oversight of ISGs data set in order to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the data. The team will work closely with business process owners, operations, and data custodians in the ISG Technology organization to ensure that corporate, ICG and ISG Data Governance Processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains. As such, the right resource will have experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed, and distributed. The candidate will provide oversight of the change management processes for data models and data distribution channels. The candidate will have experience with products that support the governance process e.g., data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing, CDE identification and registration, and governance workflow.
- Build and improve the data landscape through: CDE identification, registration and mapping with application stack and inbound and outbound systems. Lineage documentation including mapping of physical data elements to CDEs across system data flow. Assessment and validation of data quality dimensions and control environment to understand where in the lineage controls exist and provide transparency into gaps. Ensuring ISGs adherence to the Data Management Policy.
- Partner extensively with Sr Data Stewards for respective applications across ISG.
- A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Strong Reference Sata Domain knowledge.
- Strong preference for financial services industry experience.
- Strong understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules for execution in the data flow.
- Ability to work with system users to define requirements.
- Experience within a data governance program with knowledge of data governance practices.
- Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff.