Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Data Steward Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
Jersey City, NJ
- The Data Steward function is a new team within the organization that will provide oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle with a focus on improving siloed approaches to data. The function will be responsible for governance and oversight of data sets in order to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the data. The team will work closely with business process owners, operations, and data custodians in the technology organization to ensure that corporate data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains. As such, the right resource will have experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed, and distributed. The candidate will provide oversight of the change management processes for data models and data distribution channels. The candidate will have experience with products that support the governance process e.g., data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing, CDE identification and registration, and governance workflow.
- Responsible for production of monthly Critical Data Element (CDE) scorecards, gathering approvals, dispositioning red metrics, and archiving documents for audit.
- Partnering with data consumers and tech owners to establish scope of request and gather/review CDE data and metadata including profiling to ensure data is fit for purpose.
- Working with technology team to test CDE rules before implementation.
- Gathering approvals from both consumer and technology teams for CDE registration.
- Registering CDE data and metadata in an Enterprise Chief Data Office (ECDO) tool known as Collibra.
- Submitting change control documentation to the ECDO including approved profiling and test scorecards, as well as any other necessary requirements in support of the registration process.
- Organizing and archiving required audit artifacts for future retrieval and reference in support of audit.
- Ensuring tech teams add new rules accurately to the monthly scorecard.
- Effectively tracking data quality exceptions working to properly disposition against defined SLAs.
- Responsible for quality control of own work.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a corporate environment
- Prior Data Governance experience is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) with a proficiency in advanced formulas, such as nested IF statements, VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Information Technology