Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Database Marketing Project Manager on a long-term contract basis.
Elk Grove Village, IL
- The primary focus of the Database Marketing Project Manager is directly contributing to the execution, automation, and maintenance of marketing campaigns for Retail Services. They will have the opportunity to perform a wide variety of functions.
- Identify, segment, and automate campaign populations across multiple delivery channels (e.g., direct mail, email, statement, etc.).
- Debug, resolve and troubleshoot SAS and SQL code in an efficient manner in support of campaign delivery within specified project timelines.
- Learn and leverage proprietary campaign automation tool to execute campaigns.
- Execution of special projects to drive portfolio sales and revenue.
- Coding and execution of marketing campaigns using proprietary campaign execution tool.
- Utilize scheduling tools in an effort to automate standard routines/activities to enhance department efficiencies while improving department operations.
- Perform requirements analysis and provide recommendations to business contacts regarding infrastructure, operating guidelines and procedures, and audit and business reporting.
- Execution of database concepts, mainframe, and related systems in development of new processes and MIS reporting.
- Maintain data security control practices and compliance.
- Maintain a close working relationship across various functional areas in ensuring timely response to business needs and requests.
- As needed, operate as team lead to organize work or processes across multiple database marketing managers/peers (may include matrix but not direct people management).
- 5-8+ years of experience in Project Management and Database Marketing
- High-level of expertise in SAS is essential
- Experience with Unix and mainframe processing platforms
- Experience with SQL or other relevant tools
- Impeccable collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional partners without direct authority
- Experience using marketing data and analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely rigorous attention to detail
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking
- Prior experience with Acxiom Gemini/Encompass or other campaign management software is desirable
- Proven history connecting programming with the execution of marketing campaigns
- Nimble thinker, fast learner, and solutions-oriented collaborator
- Thrive in an independent contributor role, highly analytical, proactive, and provides cross functional leadership
B.S. or B.A. preferably in a math or computer science related field