Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Desktop Problem Manager on a long term contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA (Hybrid Option)
The goal of the Desktop Problem Management process is to reduce the likelihood and impact of incidents by identifying actual and potential causes in a proactive manner or from incident ticket trend analysis.
The Desktop Problem managers role is to manage the lifecycle of all desktop problems in the environment. The goal of a problem manager is to help prevent/minimize the impact of incidents by doing incident ticket trend analysis to identify potential problems, coordinate investigations of problems with application/system owners, coordinate ongoing review of open problems, track deployment of fixes, and manage the lifecycle of a problem ticket.
– Work with incident management (helpdesk) and IT support teams to identify incident trends that can lead to problems
– Investigate the incident ticket trends to validate if it meets the problem criteria and open a problem ticket to track the investigation for root cause and resolution
– Work with application and system owners to investigate for root cause and resolution
– Document and publish workaround to all support teams
– Host weekly meeting with problem task owners to get updates on root cause, detail of fix, and timeline to deploying the fix to production
– Monitor the deployment of the fix to production with the release team
– Update knowledge article when a fix is identified
– Monitor with the helpdesk to validate the fix to a problem is not generating anymore incidents
– Manage the problem ticket lifecycle – creation of the ticket, assigning a TASK to application and system owners, ensure application and system owners are updating their TASKs, ensuring incidents are associated to the problem ticket, and ensure all evidence are logged into the problem ticket for closure
Pay Range: $43- $58/hour