Our client, a leading financial company is hiring a Developer 4 on a contract basis.
OLAP Senior Developer
• A senior technical lead role based in NY to help in the delivery of strategic trading related applications.
• Candidate will be part of the global team that owns the platform
• An opportunity to work with best-in-class technology focused people working on mission-critical application development.
• Design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of CS IT.
• A great opportunity to learn about Private Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Banking business.
• IT Degree desirable
• At least 8 years of OLAP development and support experience
• Hands-on Proficiency in following technology
o Azure Analysis Services
o SSAS (Both Multidimensional and Tabular Cube Models), SSRS on Premises
o Data Warehouse Solution Design
o MDX, DAX,
o Power BI Report Server, Azure Power BI, MS BI
o SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL
o Scheduling Tools (Control M / Autosys)
• Should be able to design cubes for complex business requirements
• Prior experience in end to end BI Implementation projects
• Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions.
• Identify the performance bottle-necks in the report and resolve the same
• Working experience within agile development teams with a BDD approach and supporting the developers to quality assure developments early
• Excellent Debugging skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
• Self-starter, can-do attitude a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical design, code, test and deliverable solutions that meet or exceed the customers expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Bachelor's or Master's degree is CS or related field with at least 4 years of industry experience
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of Azure Platform
• DW appliances such as Snowflake
• Business Objects and Tableau
• Experience with various Automation tools and scripting languages is desired
• Knowledge on Microsoft Visual Studio, Altyryx, Agile delivery process
• Knowledge on Coded UI using C# team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Good Interpersonal skills with experience of working with people spread across locations / time-zones
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of working in Investment Banking Technology
• Should be able to work independently and within team
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, challenging deadlines
• Knowledge of Scrum