Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Engineer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY
The client is seeking to add several self-directed, self-motivated and curious members to our team of engineers, architects, operators and portfolio managers building and operating one of the largest, most successful trading operations in the world at our Infrastructure Engineering Lab. The Specialized Electronic Trading Infrastructure Team is seeking to add a Senior Lab Operations staff to help ensure the efficient operation of our Low Latency Engineering Lab which houses the infrastructure to execute our bare-metal electronic trading plant. The successful candidate will work in tight collaboration across our engineering, release management, operations and estate management teams with a keen attention on data quality, testing, and validation of surrounding dependencies.
What you bring to the table:
- Workflow Automation:
- You enjoy automating repetitive tasks and have done so at scale across multiple teams
- Attention to detail:
- Bad cata breaks automation
- Physical Cabling:
- You aren’t afraid to roll-up your sleeves and swap cables, and ensure audit logs are updated appropriately
- Inventory Management:
- Ensuring all equipment coming in / out of the lab is correctly tagged and inventoried in a timely fashion
- Operational Excellence:
- Data excites you and you make decisions based on data rather than assumptions. You have done data analytics and pipelines from scratch to prove a point.
- Linux Depth:
- Comfort on the command-line – including bash. You’ll be working from the command line frequently in day-to-day work and occasionally going deep into the internals to understand the data.
- Network Knowledge:
- General knowledge of how data moves between machines and the protocols that enable that movement.
- We work in a fast-paced environment requiring clarity-of-thought and articulations across a diverse range of stakeholders to drive outcomes. Ability to identify work, work-independently and solve problems.
- Fearless Engineering:
- You move outside your comfort zone to pick up new skills and solve broader problems across the technology stack.
- Technical Excellence:
- You can speak to the trade-offs and and have implemented industry best practices in your areaWhat we bring to the table:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer:
- We are always expanding into new areas, including exploring new technologies in our New York lab.
- A global team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, from engineering through operations.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment – We work together to get things done and adapt to the changing needs of our end-users and team members.
- Breadth and Depth:
- We sit across all functions of the trading infrastructure which allows us to go deep to help optimize every manual and tedious task that we encounter regardless of platform or process.
- Growth and Mentorship:
- Opportunities to deliver projects of expanding impact, improve professional skills that complement technical skills and partner with senior leadership on objectives.
Pay Range: $48 – $63/hour
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of the engagement and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of services.