Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Endpoint Solutions Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The Endpoint Solutions Engineer is a resource on the Endpoint Services Team and will help support the next generation endpoint computing technology concepts, developing secure platforms that can be used from any device, anywhere, including mobile and virtual desktops (all platforms). The Endpoint Solutions Engineer will work closely with the Endpoint Services Teams to implement and support the Endpoint User Computing concepts to Enterprise systems, including but not limited to adoption of thin clients as a replacement to traditional PCs, defining an architecture for the successful adoption of services that works across all endpoint devices, mobile device management improvements, and successful delivery of a robust remote access technologies, where user experience is paramount without compromising enterprise endpoint security. The Endpoint Services Team is responsible for defining direction and support that will evolve End User Computer technology strategies.
1. Understanding the technical strategies and roadmaps defined to the End User Technologies (EUT) Team the Endpoint Solutions Engineer, will help set direction and actively participate on the implementation and support of the EUT.
2. Execution of complex tasks requiring the application of advanced IT infrastructure knowledge, skills, practices, and procedures, along with creative insights in order to complete assignments successfully.
3. Evaluating the effectiveness of proposed technologies, based on implementation experience and industry best practices, including performance, user experience in order to support business and/or technical requirements.
4. Coordination with project managers, endpoint support teams, including training of tier 1 and tier 2 staff as required
5. Develops and maintains credible and effective working relationships with both client management and IT personnel in a way that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, IT strategies, issues and priorities as defined by the Endpoint Services Manager and/or IT Senior Management.
6. Participates in development and implementation of strategies to meet organizational goals, ensuring that client and IT priorities are aligned and accomplished.
7. Helps to lead teams or larger projects with complex infrastructure application requiring strong leadership traits and/or leads teams involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of infrastructure solutions.
8. Clearly communicates all Eaton Vance and/or client policies and procedures, ensuring the appropriate usage of desktop hardware and software, software security and licensing requirements. Assists in the monitoring of software license usage, reducing Eaton Vance business risk. Distributes appropriately licenses software and related files to the desktop. Distributes software and related files on client desktops.
9. Communicates, documents, and maintains solutions and procedures for technology offerings pre and post production.
10. Maintains and communicates procedures and policies to more junior members of the group. Acts as a technical resource to junior technical consultants.
11. Assists in hardware, systems and applications integration and testing. In addition, also responsible for helping manage all technologies that the EUC group maintains, participating on the evaluation process of future adopted technologies.
12. Implements self-managed projects as required.
13.Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience.
2. Proficient on Virtualization Technologies, such as VMWARE View, VMWARE ThinApp, VMWARE vRealize Operations, RDSH, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft RDS, App-V, Med-V, Persona Management.
3. Ability to execute VMWARE ESX/Hyper-V related projects providing guidance and expertise based on experience leading technical facets of large-scale (datacenter-sized) deployments.
4. Proficient on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Server Administration, Proxy Server, IVE SSL VPN appliance management, Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Controllers, MAC OSX, LAN/WAN platforms,, DHCP, DNS.
5. Working knowledge of financial services software including three years related experience.
6. Document process and provide dashboard queries to management as needed.
7. Participate on off hours work when required, and to provide assistance to other SA technology areas during vacations, time off as needed.
8. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work under pressure and to balance workload of team members.
10. Onsite and remote work may be required.
11. Project management skills with minimal supervision, providing briefings and reporting to management as required.
12. Must be a highly motivated individual who displays strong initiative by going above and beyond to achieve departmental goals.