Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The consultant’s responsibilities to work on market data, low latency, SETI trading platform certification & engineering standards and provide code/ hardware recommendations, create best practices, coordinate & execute interop/ platform certs.
Consultant interface directly with SETI and collaborate in their lab testing and serve as a advisor on internetwork aspects, as such he/ she be well versed in the industry and technical trends.
The consultant will be part of a team that will evaluate, certify, architect and engineer platforms/ operating systems for Switching, Routing, Wireless and Wide Area/ branches .
The primary focus will be routing & switching in trading space, low latency, data center and secondary on core routing & switching, included branch/ campus.
Consultant will research , analyze and certify platforms for delivering high network timing, tapping and monitoring solution for low latency network.
Consultant will work with business units, customers , gather their requirements and provide design and certify platform.
This is a senior technologist role with the successful candidate possessing excellent technical depth, to be self-driven, ability to lead more junior engineers (a must) as they will be a technical team lead, excellent written and verbal communications a big must.
The position requires coordination with other teams in gathering certification requirements, translating those requirements into a detailed test plan, executing them in coordination with other team members in a live lab environment.#LI-TS2
Required Skills & Qualifications:
– Hands on knowledge and experience of complex network designs, dynamic routing (OSPF, BGP RIP), QoS, network timing protocols PTP, NTP and network instrumentation- taps., SPAN, netflow, sFlow, etc.
– Advanced knowledge in multicast routing ( PIM, IGMP) and overlay and underlay networking. Hands on knowledge on Market Data, low latency, various ASICs, FPGA. This is a senior engineer role for someone with CCIE or CCIE-level experience.
– TCP/IP protocol suite.
– IP unicast routing: BGP, OSPF, RIP, Spanning Tree, ECMP.
– IP multicast routing: IGMP, PIM, MSDP.
– LAN switching. VLANs, IEEE 802 standards, PAgP, LACP, MLAG
-Routing & Sw platforms: Nexus 3K, 9K,5K/6K/7K Arista switches, Cat9K
Network OS: NXOS, Arista EOS , IOS-XE/XR
– Ultra low latency switches: Arista 7130L, Nexus 3550-F/T Network Timing : Meinburg, Spectracom, White Rabiit
– Wireshark proficient
– Desire and ability to assimilate new technologies and know where industry trend
– Desire to work in a lab environment
– Knowledge of Ixia or Spirent test/ test libraries for testing, automation and regression – a major plus
– Ability to prioritize effectively with good time management skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Excellent writing skills are a must
– Strong logical and analytical skills.
– Deep sense of ownership/accountability
– High level of initiative, proactive approach.
– Stakeholder management and providing reports and overviews to both technical and non-technical senior management
– Ability to work in a global team environment
– The candidate is responsible of maintaining a working relationship with vendors Cisco, Arista, Broadcom, Juniper and the likes to stay current with the technological trends, conduct Proof of Concept on new design, hardware/ software, provide technology roadmaps and socialize with the business stakeholders (WM/ ISG/ eTrade), Compute/ End User/ Tech Risk/ Security verticals and greater ENS team on ongoing network enhancements, risk mitigations, improvements.
– WAN Acceleration Segregation and security features such as TrustSec, policy automation, encryption, overlays, VRF, ACL, ISE, 802.1x, MAB, RADIUS, MACSec, IPSec etc.
-Next Gen iWAN Wireless
– Test Automation, scripting a major plus
– SDWAN/ SDN
– MAB/ 802.1x/ NAC
– Timing PTP/ NTP/ 1PPS
– Deep knowledge on merchant ASICs , differences, features, trends
– Industry recognized certifications like CCNP or CCIE are a plus
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of the engagement and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of services.