Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Engineer on a long term contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA (Remote, East Coast based)
The squad has been tasked with delivering a new greenfield project based on GitHub Actions, and cloud compute running on mac servers in AWS. This specific service is to facilitate building/testing of iOS and Android mobile applications for clients.
A successful candidate will have sufficient technical skills required to support these products on a macOS/Linux platform. You will need to have a strong focus on automation to speed up delivery and help build scalable systems with high reliability. You will have to work with SaaS vendors and internal cloud platform teams to ensure that were conforming to the latest regulatory standards. In addition, you will also collaborate with the Engineering team to ensure tight integration with other developer focused products such as Artifactory, Jira and Sonar.
– Run a CI compute plant on mac servers in AWS with a blue/green deployment model
– Automate plant management with scripts in Python
– Writing automated tests for our infrastructure scripts to allow for hands-free deployments
– Writing end user facing documentation for the developer community
– Integrating GitHub Actions with the firms SDLC workflow
– Working with end users (mobile dev community) to understand their requirements
– Troubleshooting performance and plant stability issues
– Enforcing recommended security practices in managing our infrastructure
– You have an automation driven mindset using Python or any other scripting language
– Prior experience working in a regulated industry (finance or otherwise)
– Strong knowledge of Linux OS
– Good understanding of networking fundamentals
– Experience with working with a cloud services platform (AWS preferred)
– Highly technical and passionate about programming
– Apple best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
– Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project
– Experience with at least one CI/CD tool: Jenkins, Gitlab, GitHub Actions, etc.
– Experience with managing Artifactory
– Experience working with external vendors
Nice to have:
– Experience as a mobile developer (iOS or android)
– Prior experience working in an agile, globally-distributed environment
– Strong interpersonal skills
– You like to get to the bottom of things to understand how they work and why
– Containers and container orchestration using docker / Kubernetes/ helm
– Microservices software design and architecture (scalability, reliability and availability)
– Prometheus / Grafana knowledge