Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Finance Reporting Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- As a Sr. Analyst position within the Regulatory Reporting team, will be part of a strategic team dedicated to the identification and remediation of key gaps in the reporting processes with responsibility for participating in future state process design, requirements for supporting platforms and testing and implementation of both across the different reporting groups. This role will ensure designed future state global process including governance and operating model become operational in a standardized, sustainable, efficient, and well-controlled manner that will support the integrity and control of the company’s Reporting Processes.
- The team will be responsible for defining, implementing, and sustaining key controls, and key operational and organizational metrics for the defined processes in alignment with Finance Target Operating Model. This position requires a high degree of discretion and authority to ensure the compilation, analysis, and reporting of company’s financials to the Federal Reserve Bank are conducted in accordance with regulatory and internal standards. The objective of this role is to accurately prepare and report business/financial transactions, reports, and statements in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- The Senior Finance Reporting Analyst is responsible for ensuring changes to the US Regulatory Reporting platform and its subscriptions from upstream systems in relation to regulatory or internal changes is accurately implemented for report production. Additionally, the candidate should have understanding of US Regulatory Reporting, experience managing system changes, and release process.
- Responsibilities include implementation and alignment of procedures and controls through a robust Change Management framework with a focus on Prudential Reports and Controls framework by incorporating impact analysis of upstream and internal / external changes of data subscriptions, functionality and configurations that are tested, validated and through iterative testing. This position has responsibility for user acceptability testing (UAT) performance and coordination, tracking and communication of progress to various stakeholders.
- Produce metrics to senior management highlighting key issues and remediation status and maintain and enhance related operational and analytical procedures.
- Assist in the development of process efficiencies and improvement efforts as well as data quality improvement projects.
- Interpret policies, guidelines, and processes and resolve complex problems and transactions.
- Assist with the management of one or more processes, reports, procedures, or products.
- Attend working group sessions, strategy planning and various review sessions to identify and facilitate creation of detailed action plans and commitments.
- Participate in cross-functional working groups among Data, Infrastructure, Process and Governance standardization for key reporting functions, including Books & Records, Reporting and Data.
- Responsible for participating in current reporting processes as needed during the transition period, and future state processes as they are rolled out.
- Responsible for action item execution and operationalization in alignment with plans, implementation of critical changes to operational procedures, and governance documentation.
- Execute on activities assigned per project plan and escalate potential issues identified in working group sessions.
- Participate in the production of updated operational procedures and control documentation.
- Conduct process and system testing and document and disseminate results.
- All other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ work experience in finance, accounting and/or software development
- Experience managing large tasks in complex environments
- Solid team and individual contributor track record
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A quick learner who possesses analysis, data preparation, and interpretation skills
- Experience in Financial Services Industry
- Ability to read and understand Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Access VBA code
- Utilize presentation skills for peer training, senior management updates, and technical presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required given the high level of interaction with senior managers
- The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions and maintain a controlled environment
- Project management experience
- Able to work independently or as a team member on projects or its components
BA in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Math, or related field