Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Flow Cytometry Specialist, Manager on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will provide flow cytometry laboratory support to the Immunoscience Drug Discovery group and to the Translational Research groups within the Immunology, Cardiovascular, and Fibrosis (ICF) Thematic Research Center (TRC).
The candidate should possess the technical knowledge to setup, maintain, and troubleshoot both traditional and full spectrum analyzers and sorters.
The candidate should also be knowledgeable with various flow cytometry analytical concepts and familiar with performing the analysis on a variety of analytical applications, such as FlowJo, Cytobank, and/or FCS Express.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of flow cytometry concepts, such as panel design and optimization, compensation/spectral unmixing, and cellular sorting.
The candidate must be an organized, detail-oriented, and a self-directed individual who can handle a variety of flow cytometry-related tasks in a matrix environment. The services will be performed during Suppliers normal business hours from Monday to Friday.
Representative responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Flow cytometry support, daily QC, monthly maintenance, vendor service and preventative maintenance scheduling, instrument standardization, database management, and user training on BD, Sony, Cytek, Miltenyi, and Amnis instruments
• Assist researchers in experimental design and execution of flow cytometry experiments
• Including but not limited to:
• Panel design and optimization
• Cell isolation, sample preparation and staining
• Data Acquisition
• Cellular Sorting
• Data analysis and presentation
• Develop and review flow cytometry laboratory procedures and SOPs for Customer review and approval
• Maintenance of laboratory stocks of supplies and reagents at Customers expense
• Interface with Unity Lab Services on systems contract coverage, preventive maintenance, service calls to minimize system downtime and optimize performance
• Regular communication with ICF TRC on the usage, status, and performance of flow cytometry instrumentation
5 to 8+ years working in a biology or flow cytometry lab in a research environment. Previous experience managing laboratory flow core preferred. BS/MS in scientific discipline preferred, but not necessary.
Must possess excellent organization skills and have a high attention to detail with a desire to get the job completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Must be collaborative and a team player, resourceful and take initiative. The position requires strong interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems is essential. Strong analytical and computer skills, including expertise in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint are required.