Our client, a leading Electrical Services company, is hiring a GIS Mapper consultant on a contract basis.
Perform assignments on work related to recording or producing information associated with the construction, operation, and maintenance of Utility Systems as qualified through formalized and/or on the job training.
• Maintain the GIS connected model with information from sources including, but not limited to, work management systems, as-built construction drawings, work orders, completion records, field reports or other information from the job sponsor.
• Perform analysis or queries to assemble data and prepare reports, tabulations, charts and maps from asset information contained in the connected model and various other data sources.
• Produce standard prints and ad-hoc plots for field requests containing specific information derived from the connected model and various other data sources.
• Maintain service point data and the relationship to feeding source transformer.
• Track lifespan of utility asset data, including history, inspection and attachments.
• Resolve conflicting data, mapping, connectivity, and land issues through office or field investigation.
• Perform GIS work pertaining to major projects such as facility relocations, load rearrangement and new business.
• Operate automated office equipment including, but no limited to printers, plotters, duplication machines, facsimile and scanners.
• File records and data pertaining to the work.
• Perform manual or computer aided drafting.
• Operate a car or light truck.
• Assist other employees in plant work, in the field, or in the office.
• Perform other similar skilled work.
Required: 1-2 years of GIS experience (school or work-related).
Must meet the Company’s general requirements, and in addition:
• Must have the ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of:
o The company’s business applications.
o Material, equipment, and apparatus used in the work.
o The Utilities Transmission and Distribution systems
o Various operating and maintenance handbooks and manuals insofar as they pertain to his/her work, including the safety rules and practices set forth therein.
• Must be able to work at various client locations based on business needs/workload
• Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license to operate motor vehicles in the state of New Jersey.
• Computer skills in MS Office and other Windows applications
• Maintain the GIS model on the electric side (not for gas work, only electric)
• Perform analysis, custom maps
• Working in a Union environment-reporting to a supervisor-work orders that they need to process into GIS and then to print distribution of any updates made
• Some tabular data and analysis
• 5-10% being out in the field
• Qualifications: 1-2 years of GIS experience (geographic information system)
• GIS in any industry but must have knowledge/understanding to update the GIS system
• Micro station, AutoCAD-strong plus but still must have GIS
• If field work required to be done, expectation is for the person to use their own vehicle- minimal if anything