Our client, a leading reinsurance services company, is hiring a Guidewire Project Manager on a long-term contract basis. Must have Guidewire implementation experience.
No third parties or sponsorships available.
Remote (EST hours)
- The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for executing multiple projects in parallel in a transitioning environment from Waterfall to Agile Methodology in some combination of onsite/offshore resources, software vendors, partners, and multiple business stakeholders. With excellent communication & presentation skills, the incumbent will ensure that the projects are delivered with high quality, on time, and within approved budget.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Handle two or more active projects at the same time that may be in different stages of execution.
- Work with Business Systems Analysts, Solution Architects, and Business Stakeholders to finalize requirements.
- Secure project team and priority for a project in a matrix organization.
- Negotiate with different scrum teams that will work on different aspects of the project for sprint prioritization and track progress to plan.
- Work with software vendors and partners to align key deliverables and manage dependencies.
- Develop and maintain a release plan for all key milestones and deliverables
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Develop and manage a project communication plan including regular status reports, steering committee reviews, risks & issues, and burn rate.
- Manage scope and initiate change requests as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Proven working experience as an IT Project Manager in the insurance industry (casualty & property).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written communications.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Proficient in project management software, techniques, and tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 7-10+ years direct experience as a Project Manager, with the last 3 years in active project management.
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methods is desired.
- Reinsurance experience desirable.
- PMP Certification or equivalent is a plus.
- CSM or CSP Certification is a plus.
Pay Range: $60-70/hour