Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a In Vivo Scientist on a contract basis.
Assist in vivo physiology experiments to support programs within the Department of Cardiovascular and Fibrotic Diseases Discovery.
Bachelors in Biology or Physiology or related discipline.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
3-5 years of relevant experience after degree (non-PhD)
LIST MAJOR SKILLS REQUIRED:
Physiologist with animal handling experience. Conduct in vivo and ex vivo experiments. Experience handling rodent species necessary. Oral, SC, IP dosing of animals, blood sampling and experience with necropsy procedures required.
The successful candidate will support in vivo studies via dosing and handling. responsibilities will include: execution of in vivo studies to evaluate test compounds, recording data, data analysis and presentation of results.
The main responsibility will be to: 1) perform animal experiments in rodents, with standard operating protocols and analytic methods under supervision; 2) conduct work with high integrity, and critically evaluate experimental results; 3) promptly report issues, and mistakes to line supervision; 4) collaborate with other scientists within the research group to meet group goals and objectives
1. BS or MS in Animal Science, Biology, Physiology or Pharmacology
2. Experience in oral dosing in mice and rats
3. Experience in surgery in mice and rats
4. Good understanding of the cardiovascular physiology / pharmacology
5. Good oral and written communication skills, statistical and computer skills
6. Experience in drug discovery research is a plus