Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an Investment Data Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- The Investment Data specialist will take ownership of the data across the entire CIM investment platform to maintain/ensure integrity, validity, timely availability of data to strengthen and improve efficiency of portfolio management, trading desk, investment research and product teams in CIM. This role will also coordinate with other CGW teams to ensure data sourced outside of CIM, meet, and comply by the requirements of CIM.
- Assume ownership of data and act as the point of contact for data issues in various CIM portfolio management systems.
- Ensure data quality and notify timely availability of data to CIM Portfolio management teams and Traders.
- Day-to-day focus on data feeds to/from CIM portfolio management systems.
- Assess impact of any delay of data feeds and/or data issues.
- Communicate data issues indicating the impact to stake holders.
- Model local securities in CIM fixed income portfolio management systems.
- Setup/maintain securities for trading and/or assist the CIM PMs/Traders with security setup.
- Update benchmark analytics.
- Escalate vendor data issues and get timely resolution.
- Identify areas for automation and work with Technology team to automate health check and reconciliation reports.
- Work with back office and middle office teams to ensure account demographics and acquisition/amortized cost information are accurate for CIM portfolios.
- Maintain set of reports with current and historical data including accounts, products, AUMs, products, portfolio performance, and client types.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for this data, build repetitive queries to improve timeliness of response times.
- Build SQL queries for portfolio data and produce reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 5-10+ years of experience in Financial Services – Investment/Wealth management industry preferred
- Working knowledge of Portfolio management process, systems/tools, and data (including Equity, Fixed Income, FX securities and analytics)
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Desirable experience in Charles River, BondEdge, PERFORM/CreditScope, Bloomberg, FactSet, or similar investment platforms and/or market data toolsets
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills
- Experience in working with multiple teams/partners including business, technology, production support, operations, business risk and infrastructure teams.
- Detail oriented with acumen to identify issues.
- Self-motivated with ability to work cooperatively, prioritize and multi-task within in a team-oriented, often fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to run reports across a variety of sources and cross reference for accuracy
- Skilled in SQL queries and database functionality
- Familiarly with asset management data, e.g., portfolio, product, financial metrics, and client type