Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a IT/Network Manager on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Remote Option)
The client is looking for an experienced IT Manager to oversee all Network Operations functions in our company. You will oversee a team and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
The Manager of System Engineering will manage and direct the company’s Network operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support service.
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organizations Network systems and department.
- Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of Network infrastructure.
- Analyzes Network infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Ensure security is maintained to mitigate threats and risks to confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates Network security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Anticipate and understand business strategies, objectives, and priorities needed to support effective business operations, improve performance, and achieve Organizational goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Manage Data Center environments
- Manage Large Enterprise Network Environments
- Design, Implementations, Architecture, Upgrades, Audits and Support of:
- Cisco Switching (CCNACCNP preferred)
- Understanding of Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.)
- Firewalls (Cisco, PaloAlto, Checkpoint Certifications preferred)
- Physical on-prem and Cloud installations
- ZScaler internet Security Proxy
- IPSEC VPN
- Client Connector (Z-App)
- 5500 and 9800 Series
- F5 Load balancers
- AFM Module
- LTM Module
- Virtual Servers, Pools, HTTP Profiles, iRule
- Network Monitoring Configuration Management
- Cisco Switching (CCNACCNP preferred)
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years Network engineering experience required.
- Experience with Cisco network switches is highly preferred.
- Experience with Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls; Physical and Cloud based
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals as they relate to enterprise networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP
- Experience with Cisco Wireless technology and LAN controllers; Cisco Prime, DNA and Cisco ISE would be desirable.
- Knowledge of VPNS – site to site, IPsec, tunnels modes and remote access VPN’s.
- Experience with network management tools including Syslog and SolarWinds (NCM, NPM) is a plus
- Experience with InfoBox IPAM
- Ability to Rack and Stack Network Devices including cable management in a Data Center / Server Room environment.
- Significant experience of Layer 2 switching protocols (STP, HSRP, VLAN, etc.).
- Significant experience of Layer 3 routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP).
75.00 – 85.00 per hour