Our client, a multimedia company is hiring an T Production Support Specialist on a contract basis.
The Deskside Support team supports the on-going needs of providing technical assistance to client end user for a wide range of simple to complex hardware and software related issues. The team works collaboratively with other departments with a goal of providing responsive and effective service, provides personalized assistance, resolving user needs ensuring high standards of customer service. The Deskside Support team provides strategies and determines direction for solutions using current and emerging technologies through research and proactive approach to support technologies aimed to improve stability, usability and operability of the company’s end user technologies.
Responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level desktop support to client Senior executives as well as non-executives population. Provide personalized assistance, resolving software, hardware, mobile and network connectivity issues; providing fast and accurate responses to user requests, ensuring high standards of customer service.
• Ability to interact professionally across all organizational levels
• Strong customer and organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to work effectively with immediate team (good team player)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Areas of work include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for providing technical assistance to Client News users for a wide range of simple to complex hardware and software related issues
• Setup, maintain, troubleshoot & repair Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS computers onsite, remotely and executives residential
• Research and test new products to demonstrate and deploy to users
• Provide desk-side resolution such as troubleshooting, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows 10, MS Office, 0365, AirWatch, deployment tool, network connectivity, messaging, PC’s, mac, telephones, printers, scanners and other peripherals
• Guide end users through diagnostic procedures and/or attempt to replicate customer issues within similar environment to determine source of error
• Log all tickets into ServiceNow tracking system to maintain history of conversations, relate problem documentation and remedial actions taken and escalate to the appropriate group. Follow up and ensure all tickets are updated periodically and resolved within internal guidelines and predefined standards
• Image, deploy and configure computer systems (Windows & Mac) with standard WM Corporate build applications
• Share knowledge regarding the evaluation and correction of technical problems with other Support professionals
• Work with IT groups to gather information pertaining to an issue or service request, generate workflows and/or QA and share that report with management and the rest of the team
• Troubleshoot and resolve user issues remotely
• Train new hires on applications used by the client.
• Participate in department project on software deployment and operating system upgrade.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology field or equivalent experience
• At least 3-5 years of operational role experience
• Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekends and holidays
• Self-starter with ability to follow through with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies as the industry grows
• Knowledge of Dell, Apple PC and peripherals patching and repair
• Experience troubleshooting Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Internet Connectivity, and virus issues
• Basic expertise with software scripting, packaging deployment and asset management
• Experience providing remote access/VPN support
• Ability to repair & replace Windows and Mac hardware
• Basic capabilities to troubleshoot networking, telecom, Windows servers and Audio-Visual technologies