Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an IT Trainer on a long-term contract basis.
New York, NY
- Looking for an individual with strong IT Training experience to join our welcoming, dynamic, and international Global IT Training Team, with opportunities within the role to: Work with legal and professional staff at all levels of seniority using a consultative approach. Welcome new starters to the business whilst conducting new hire training.
- Deliver training experiences and content in a variety of ways to suit the audience and need e.g., one-on-one, small group, and large group training over Zoom or in person, authoring written materials and creating training videos.
- Become a key part of the project team on interesting and challenging projects for the rollout of new software and upgrades, advising on communication strategies, change management approaches and training needed.
- Demonstrate your expertise in MS Office, legal specific software and CGSH custom applications to add value within the business and give your opinion and insight on user facing functionality as new software is being considered and assessed.
- Work with users and other IT colleagues both in your local office (New York) and in other firm offices globally within the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with law firm personnel and external vendor representatives of all levels.
- Strong, proactive customer service orientation.
- Ability to inspire confidence and put personnel of all levels at ease while receiving training and to reduce reluctance to proactively seek technical training.
- Engaging presence and superior facilitation skills.
- Intellectually agile and able to understand all functions of the firm to effectively support specialized tasks and projects.
- Superior ability to relate technical functions and software features to business needs and communicate technical details to non-IT professionals.
- Ability to seamlessly partner with legal practice groups and non-IT business functions of the firm, to address training and development needs that include/engage technologies.
- Ability to think creatively and thoroughly and be able to demonstrate the acumen to problem solve complex tasks.
- Outstanding proficiency in major productivity suites and well as email, word processing, spreadsheet, data analysis, and document management software.
- Demonstrated interest in monitoring the software space for emerging productivity trends and tools.
- Quick study at learning new software including legal-specific Microsoft Office extensions such as Best Authority or Litera Numbering.
- Creative in technical training approaches to identify and implement solutions to increase the quality, reach, and retention of training.
- Prior use of a learning management system to establish learning paths, administer classes, and track and record attendance preferred.
- Experience creating training videos, animations, or online materials using content authoring software such as Camtasia preferred.
- Flexibility to deliver training during the firm’s core business hours and outside of the firm’s core business hours as needed.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally as needed to support Global IT Learning Function.
- Pay Rate: 115-120K FTE
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 3 years of learning/development/training experience in a medium-to-large professional services organization (previous law firm experience preferred but not essential for otherwise strong candidates).