Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for an Engineer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY (Hybrid Working Model)
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a high energy team of application engineering responsible for managing the client’s Equity Swap Corporate Action processing globally; a large-scale environment with a wide variety of technologies (Java, C#, Web, Angular, Sybase, KDB, Kafka, etc.)
This position will focus on the development of global infrastructure that handling all corporate actions for Equity Swap business:
– Architecture and development of infrastructure to be used in a large production environment
– Development of standards and best-practices for operational management of this system
– Systems, network and application troubleshooting
– Technical support for products developed
Technical Skills Required:
– Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strong Knowledge of Java technology such as Spring, Hibernate. Strong java coding skills.
– Has a solid understanding of a Linux/UNIX-based operating system.
– Has a solid understanding of Database concepts and 1+ year experience.
Soft Skills Required:
– Active interest in financial systems
– Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent English is required
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues, and customers.
– Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
– Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
Domain Knowledge Strongly Desired:
– Experience in financial industry, especially in Equity business
– Experience and knowledge of Corporate Action life cycle
– Knowledge of Equity Swaps life cycles and traits of Asia markets
Pay Range: $66-$81/hour